No matter what age you were when you decided to enter into this noble, challenging, and highly responsible profession, you made the decision that you wanted to be of service to others. You have made it your life’s mission to lift up, empower and support countless number of clients who walk through your door every day, feeling broken, a bit lost on their journey, and needing someone such as yourself, to have a place to leave a bit of their pain with.
THE COST OF CARING – WHAT ABOUT ME?
Recognizing your own limits is one of the best ways to serve and show up, for your clients. As a group, therapists and helping professionals in general, have a tendency to neglect their own needs as we care for others. Though we are advocates for therapy and know full well that all sorts of people need support – we can stigmatize the need to ask for help.
Here are some of the challenges along my own journey. Do any of them sound familiar to you?
- I didn’t find joy in my work as I once used to.
- I lacked the energy I once had going into my sessions and felt depleted once I got home.
- I was tired of “giving”.
- The line between me as a helping professional and me as a wife, mother, sister, friend, became blurred.
- I wondered is this all there is to my life and career?
- I had difficulty recognizing “change” in my clients.
- After all the years as a therapist, I couldn’t identify my “gains” as a result.
- I wasn’t fully showing up in front of my client or in my personal life.
- I question a new career?
GET BACK TO BASICS. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO MAKE IN YOUR LIFE AND WITH YOUR CLIENTS
- After focusing on everyone and everything else for the past few decades it’s time to rediscover YOUR dreams (or create new ones ) and get busy living them!
- Learn to shift your mindset and gain a set of new skills. You may actually think of your work in a different way that frees up the other part of your life to reap the results you have wanted.
- Get clarity on yourself, your wants, your role as a therapist or how you see yourself re-inventing what you want your role to be.
- Find renewed purpose.
- Stop being stuck in indecision and take hold of my hand to help you move forward.
- Learn about what may no longer work for you, what you’ve outgrown or what doesn’t give you “joy”.
HERE IS WHERE I COME IN
Through a virtual, on-line platform, I bring my work as a licensed mental health therapist and coaching experience to therapists and helping professionals who are ready to step into reclaiming their joy and reconnect with their life’s purpose. Feel confident, capable and empowered in the work you do with your clients and the life you want to have when you leave the office. Our work will be balanced between talk and tangible “take-a-way” tools and techniques. By the end of our coaching calls, you will have new clarity, confidence, and sense of empowerment to create your joy having reconnected with purpose.
For FAQ regarding coaching, please feel free to click on this link: https://joanneroyerphd.com/q-and-a/
Click the button below and schedule 30-minutes with me, no cost to you, to experience being coached by me.
On the call we will:
- Help you get started on tackling a challenge you are dealing with;
- Discuss the benefits of working together, and
- You will walk away with at least 1 coaching tool and strategy that you can immediately put into action!