By now in your life, you’ve had many varied experiences that have shaped, molded and influenced you in different ways. The mind has captured each of these experiences, creating snapshots that have added to the story (the thoughts) it tells you. You’ve chosen overtime to pick and choose the version of these experiences that you hold on to. Some better serving than others, but all having a certain comfort level that keeps you holding on to them.
Much like being an author of a book, your first chapter has been written. It’s done. You get to now write your sequel to that first book. In doing so I offer you a few questions to consider:
In coaching numerous career women through their thoughts or stories that the mind is throwing them, I typically ask, what would it mean if you realized that maybe you have more options than you assumed? That you don’t have to think of yourself as stuck? Would life be different for you if you chose to not think of yourself as stuck? What would you do differently if you thought different was possible for you? W/hat if you look to your heart vs. the mind for your answer?
How do you want to write your new chapter that lies ahead – you are the only author of it! I offer you several new thoughts to consider and try on for size:
- Don’t believe everything you think.
- Old beliefs do not lead to new beginnings
- The mind is giving you a thought. That’s its job. Spoiler alert ~ you can choose to think differently.
- You are not your belief. You are the person who chooses your belief.
- Let go of what isn’t working.
- Step out of what’s comfortable. You may find you have been sleeping on rocks all this time but have just become used it and your feather bed awaits elsewhere.
Having a desire to get unhooked by the stories spinning in your head isn’t too hard to decide about. Figuring out the “how to’s” is the hard part. Great news though! Step into 30-minutes of coaching with me, NO-COST, MY GIFT TO YOU, to experience what being coached is like and we can create an action plan on working through the thought keeping you unclear as to where to start.
On the call we will:
- Help you get started on tackling a challenge you are dealing with;
- Discuss the benefits of entering into a coaching partnership, and
- You will walk away with at least 1 coaching tool and strategy that you can immediately put into action!
Decide ahead of time that you’re going to have a great new day and week ahead.