I always talk about there being two types of people, the “thinkers” and the “feelers”.
“Thinkers” are those of you who spend a lot of time up in your heads, always dealing with 101 thoughts and need more of a nudge in their coaching around accessing their feelings which drive our actions. If you struggle with an inner critic voicing their opinion, this is where she lives….in your thoughts.
“Feelers” are those of you who are more readily available to your feelings and need a nudge in their coaching around what they are thinking (because you can’t have a feeling without first having a thought).
Whichever one you are, a thinker or a feeler, you’ve heard before that everything starts with a thought. And regardless of which is easier for you to access, the hard part is learning to retrain your thinking and coming up with a more neutral way to think.
Let’s start giving that inner critic of yours, her much deserved time-out by practicing to think differently. Here are some “thought” suggestions that you may want to try on for size and practice when you hear that critical voice in your mind start to chat with you and lead you astray. These are great practice starters whenever you are stuck choosing a more neutral way of thinking.
Pay attention to how these thoughts may shift what you feel.
- Everything is as it should be.
- It was meant to happen the way it did.
- Everything happens right on time.
- Love is always an option.
- Unconditional love is something I do for myself.
- No one can cause an emotion inside of me.
- I am enough.
- My purpose is the life I am living now.
- The world is waiting for what I have to offer.
- I can do hard things.
- Worry serves zero purpose.
- Money is easy.
- There is nothing they can do to make me happy – that’s my job.
- What I look for, I will find.
- What others think about me is about them, not me (both good and not so good!).
- Feeling down about myself is familiar but not necessary.
Which thought will you try on today? What feeling comes up for you with that new thought?
Email me and let me know, I would love to hear from you.
Now go out and make it a great day~